Guests may check in after 3 p.m. There will be three lockboxes at the property, 403 East Main Street, Fredericksburg. Inside the lockboxes will be the key for each suite at Keidel Inn & Gasthaus.
Check-out is by 11 a.m. Guests will lock the door and place the key back inside the lockbox upon departure.
Cancellation requests that are made 30 days or more in advance of the check-in day will result in a $35 cancellation fee. The deposit made at the time of booking will be refunded (minus the cancellation fee) to the card used for the original charge. If guests cancel a reservation fewer than 30 days prior to the arrival date, they are responsible for the entire amount of the stay UNLESS another guest books those nights. Should this happen, only the $35 cancellation fee will be charged and the rest will be refunded.
Requests for date changes are considered a cancellation and will result in a fee of $35 pursuant to the policies above. We will email cancellation confirmations after requests are processed.
Keidel Inn provides regular and decaf coffee, sugar, creamers and packaged cereal, oatmeal & muffins. Milk, OJ and your breakfast items will be in your refrigerator or mini-fridge (items will vary).
Keidel rates are for single/double/triple/quadruple occupancy. Taxes (city and state) will be added accordingly. (See section on taxes below). Rates vary depending upon the day of the week.
Children and Pets
Keidel does not permit pets to stay in the bed and breakfast or on the property.
Children ages 4 and under are free. Children ages 5 years and older will be charged at the adult rate of $35.00 per person per night.
Weddings and Parties
Guests may not use this facility for weddings, rehearsal dinners, wedding receptions or parties of any kind.
$200 fines (minimum) will be charged to guests who violate any of these policies:
1. Pets or animals in suite
2. Smoking in suite (this includes e-cigarettes)
3. Lighting Candles (this is for the safety of guests and the property)
Guests agree that any loss or damage to the property will be billed to their credit card by Keidel. Any extra cleaning will also be billed at a rate of $25 per hour. If sheets are ruined by spilled wine, coffee, blood, etc., a $50 fee will be charged to cover a portion of the cost to replace the set of sheets. Accidents happen, but we ask that guests be responsible for off-setting some of the out-of-pocket expenses resulting from damage caused by them.
Taxes and Fees
The State of Texas and City of Fredericksburg impose a 13 percent lodging tax on every stay. There is no additional fee for booking by phone rather than online.
If you leave items in your room, give us a call and we will gladly send them to you via U.S. Postal Service. Your credit card will be charged the exact amount for postage PLUS a $25 fee to cover the cost of employee time. Items not claimed within two weeks will be donated to charity. The property owners are not responsible for items left behind, nor for items left in the suite during a guest’s stay.
Hot Tub Rules
1. Please do not leave the lid up or off after you leave the hot tub because the hot tub will fill with leaves and debris and will need to be completely drained.
2. If the weather is hot, guests often choose to lower the temperature while they are in the tub. That is fine, but you MUST raise the temperature when you leave as the tub cannot stay below 98/99 degrees for long before bacteria begins to grow.
3. NEVER, put any type of bubble bath or oils in the hot tub. The tub makes bubbles via the jets. Oils or bubble bath will cause the tub to have to be drained immediately.
4. Finally, PLEASE remove all makeup and body lotions/oils before entering the tub so it will stay clean and nice for everyone.
5. A $75.00 hot tub cleaning fee will be imposed if these rules are broken and we have to drain the hot tub during or after your stay. We do not want to do this, so please help us keep the hot tub nice for everyone.
Group party size must be confirmed 10 days prior to arrival.
You agree that any loss or damage to the property will be billed to your credit card by Keidel Inn & Gasthaus. Guests are financially responsible for any damages done to the B&B or any of the property’s contents. Any excess cleaning will be billed to your credit card at an hourly rate of $25.00.