Frequently Asked Questions
We are so glad you’ve decided to stay with us at the Keidel Inn & Gasthaus, right here in downtown Fredericksburg, Texas in the Heart of the Hill Country. We hope you find the answers to some of your questions in the section below. If you need additional information, don’t hesitate to call us at 512-775-6805 or email Jeff Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) We would like to book one night only. Do you ever accept one-night stays?
Yes! The conditions and rates are outlined below:
Weekends (Friday and Saturday nights):
We require a two-night minimum stay. However, under certain circumstances we can accommodate a one-night stay:
1) If someone else has booked the Keidel Inn & Gasthaus for a Thursday-Friday stay, then the suite would be available for Saturday as a one-night reservation. Or, if a guest has reserved the suite for a Saturday-Sunday stay, then a Friday night could be booked as a one-night reservation.
2) As each weekend approaches (usually on Thursdays), if the suite isn’t booked for a two-night stay, it might be possible for a guest to book a one-night stay. Call for information.
Weekdays (Sundays through Thursdays)
We can almost always accept a one-night stay, but at the weekend price. To take advantage of the lower weekday rates (and the bonus of less crowded sidewalks for shopping!), a two-night minimum must be reserved.
2) Does Keidel have central air conditioning and heat?
Yes! You will be able to control the central air and heat to your comfort level. There is also a gas fireplace in Clara’s Suite in the main house for an added cozy feel in winter.
3) How do I pay for my reservation?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Guests will pay for half the reservation plus taxes at the time of booking. If you are making a reservation within 30 days of arrival then your entire balance must be paid in full. If you are making a reservation more than 30 days before arrival, half the balance is due at the time of booking. The balance is due 30 days before your arrival date.
No split bills! If you are sharing the fees for a suite or suites, please put the charges on one person’s card and split the bill among yourselves.
4) I need to cancel my reservation. What is your policy?
Any cancellation made 30 days or more in advance of your check-in day will result in a $35 cancellation fee. The amount paid at booking minus the $35 fee will be credited back to the card on which you made the initial charge.
If you cancel your reservation fewer than 30 days prior to the date of arrival or if you fail to arrive, you are responsible for the full amount of your stay UNLESS another party books those nights. Should that happen, you will be refunded the amount you paid for your stay minus the $35 cancellation fee.
Please understand that we must uphold our policies fairly across the board, regardless of the guests’ reasons for cancellation.
5) Where do I park?
Keidel guests may park on Main Street in front of the property or on the pavers at the front/back of the property. Please do not park in the driveway and block other guests from entering or exiting.
6) What if I forget to return the key?
There is a $75 charge to have the lock rekeyed. This amount will be charged to your credit card.
7) How to I reach someone with questions or concerns before or during our stay?
The best way to reach us is to call 512-775-6805 or email us at email@example.com.
8) What amenities do you provide for our stay?
In Keidel Inn & Gasthaus, you will find standard toiletries such as shampoo, oatmeal soap and hair dryers. The towels and linens are of the highest quality for your comfort and enjoyment. An iron and ironing board are also available. There is a gas fireplace for guest use in the main house. In addition, the main house has a hot tub and the separate Gasthaus does as well. We provide a microwave, coffee maker, mini refrigerator, mugs, wine glasses, plates and kitchen utensils. Regular and decaf coffee, creamers and sugar are also provided.