Accommodating up to 6 people, Clara’s Suite is a spacious two-story suite in the Keidel Inn Main House comprised of three bedrooms and one bathroom.
Address: 403 E. Main Street, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
Sleeps: 6 | Bedrooms: 3 | Bathrooms: 1
Rates: $159 – $299
- Spacious Two-Story Suite
- Ca. 1900s Historic Home
- Incredible Main Street Location
- Walk to Museums, Shops and Restaurants
- 3 Upstairs Bedrooms (two with king bed, 1 with 2 twins)
- Private Bathroom Upstairs with Tub/Shower Combination
- Kitchenette with Microwave, Mini-fridge, Coffee Pot and Fixin’s
- Large Living Room and Dining Room Downstairs
- Gas Fireplace in Living Room (Operational October – March)
- Cable TV in All 3 Bedrooms Plus 50″ TV in Living Room
- Free Wi-Fi Internet Access
- Hot Tub and Courtyard Patio Shared with Emily’s Suite
- Gas Fire Pit and Charcoal Grill Shared with Emily’s Suite (Charcoal Not Provided)
- No Daily Housekeeping
- Continental Breakfast Left in Your Suite Prior to Your Arrival
- Off-Street Parking
Children | Pets | Smoking Policies:
- Children Welcome (All Ages)
- No Smoking
- No Pets Please
- $299.00 Weekends (2 people)
- $199.00 Weekday Special (Sunday – Thursday) *Two-night minimum
- $35.00 each extra person after 2
- Maximum Occupancy: 6
- Rates are subject to change
Click here to see which weekdays are excluded from special pricing.
History meets luxury—and location—at the Keidel Inn and Gasthaus B&B in Fredericksburg, Texas. This premium property is located on Main Street only steps from the main shopping district. Take a stroll to the Nimitz Museum just across the way or enjoy an evening walk to the best restaurants Fredericksburg has to offer. The historic home in front on Main Street is the Keidel Inn, offering two luxury suites, Clara’s and Emily’s Suites. Just behind the Inn is the Keidel Gasthaus.
Of course the charm of this property goes way back. Keidel Inn and Gasthaus is located on a large lot in Fredericksburg that has been in the Keidel family for well over 100 years. The Gasthaus was built originally facing Main Street and on the very north part of the property. It was the first home of Dr. Victor and Clara Stieler Keidel after their marriage on June 13, 1909. Behind the house stood a screened in large kitchen separated from the wood frame home for safety reasons.
In 1928, the Gasthaus was moved to its present location in order to build the Spanish style home that now houses the Keidel Inn. Two historic oak trees stand near the southwest corner of the main house and mark the spot where the first surveyors of the new city of Fredericksburg buried their tools. When the settlers arrived the following year they would have these tools to start the construction of their new homes. They built a campfire over the spot so Indians and other travelers would not be able to tell that the soil had been disturbed. The Keidels were a prominent family of physicians in early Fredericksburg and served the community for over 150 years. The property is owned by a granddaughter of Victor and Clara and is being operated as a bed and breakfast by a great grandson.
Clara’s Suite is possibly the grandest suite of all offering three bedrooms upstairs (2 rooms hold a king bed, the third holds two twins). The charming bathroom upstairs offers a tub/shower combination. Downstairs you will enjoy a large living room, dining room and foyer with impressive stairway. Enjoy morning coffee on the fabulous courtyard patio with hot tub, gas fire pit and charcoal grill. Or take a stroll in the evening to any of Fredericksburg’s fabulous Main Street restaurants. If you’re looking for space, luxury and location, Keidel Inn – Clara’s Suite is the place for you!